This training is sold out!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our waiting list.
This comprehensive 3-day course is for movement, medical, and fitness professionals who have a background in Hanna Somatic Movement* and want to use their knowledge and experience to help others. Incorporating Hanna Somatic Exercises and the principles of Hanna Somatic Movement into your primary practice will allow you to teach your clients safe, gentle methods for chronic muscle pain relief, injury prevention, and self-care.
In this training, you will learn how to:
- Assess the Three Stress Reflexes
- Teach the 8 basic Somatic Exercises effectively
- Apply the technique of pandiculation to restore muscle function
This course is open to movement teachers, fitness trainers, professional bodyworkers, therapists, and medical professionals, and those intending to share Hanna Somatic Exercises in a professional setting.
1. Students are required to have participated in a Move Without Pain Fundamentals Immersion Course. Alternately, proof of attendance at a 6-week Myth of Aging series or similar series taught by an approved Essential Somatics somatic movement teacher will be sufficient to fulfill this requirement.
2. Required reading:
- Move Without Pain by Martha Peterson
- Somatics: Reawakening the Mind’s Control of Movement, Flexibility and Health by Thomas Hanna
$800 USD (full tuition)
$725 USD (early bird tuition if paid before Nov. 3, 2017)
Please note: all course fees are listed in USD
For those who have already attended the HSEC Level One, you may review the course again for 50% off the full price. Please contact email@example.com for payment details.
Dec. 8-10 | 9AM-6PM
(There will be a 1 hour lunch break each day.)
Please be sure to bring a personal yoga mat, water bottle, pen and paper, and wear comfortable clothing that permits movement (no jeans, skirts, or dresses). Each student is responsible for his or her own transportation, lodging, and food during training.
Essential Somatics® reserves the right to cancel any event or change event dates if necessary. In the unlikely situation that this may occur, a full refund of all monies paid will be returned to the client. For this reason, we highly recommend purchasing travel cancellation insurance to protect your trip investment in the event of date changes, illness, emergency, weather conditions, or any unforeseen circumstances.