Hanna Somatic Exercise Coach Training: Level 2
In addition to reviewing the basic principles of neurophysiology and assessment of somatic stress reflexes as it pertains to teaching Somatic Exercises, students will learn Somatic Exercise sequences designed to target conditions such as sciatica, neck and shoulder pain, SI joint dysfunction, leg and hips pain, low back pain, and TMJ.
Hanna Somatic Exercises are simple, gentle, yet profound in their effectiveness for restoring optimum resting length and function to muscles that have become painfully tight due to accidents, injuries, surgeries or repetitive stress. A short routine of Somatic Exercises, as developed by Thomas Hanna, PhD, can teach people who have "tried everything" for pain relief to eliminate pain for the long term. Somatic Exercises are an excellent complement to any movement practice, physical training, or rehabilitation program. Incorporating Somatic Exercises and the principles of somatic movement into your primary practice will allow you to teach your clients life-long tools for pain relief, flexibility, physical independence, stress reduction, and with benefits to all systems of the body.
In this intensive 3-day training students will continue their learning to include:
- Additional group teaching experience with trainer and participant critiques
- Seated and standing variations of basic Somatic Exercises
- How to structure a Somatic Exercise classes based upon your knowledge of the fundamental concepts, and principles of Hanna Somatic Exercises
Students will be instructed to come prepared to teach a short series of Somatic Exercises and/or enhancements of a Somatic Exercise based on their experience using the material from HSEC Level One. This will allow students to hone teaching skills and deepen understanding of Hanna Somatic Exercises and how they can be used to help people with a variety of common muscle pain conditions to improve quality of life.
- This course is open only to those who have successfully completed the Essential Somatics® Hanna Somatic Exercise Coach Training Level One. At least four months must pass between completing HSEC Level One and beginning HSEC Level Two.
- All students are expected to be actively teaching Somatic Exercises in their primary practice. This allows students to integrate their learning from HSEC Level One so they can form a better idea of what they would like to improve and fine-tune as a Somatic Movement teacher.
$800 USD (full tuition)
$725 USD (early bird price)
For those who have already attended the HSEC Level Two, you may review the course again for 50% off the full price. Please contact email@example.com for payment details.
You may request a full refund minus a 5% cancellation fee if canceling more than 4 weeks prior to training start date. No refund will be available if canceling less than 4 weeks prior to training start date. We thank you for your cooperation.
Essential Somatics® reserves the right to cancel any event or change event dates if necessary. In the unlikely situation that this may occur, a full refund of all monies paid will be returned to the client. For this reason, we highly recommend purchasing travel cancellation insurance to protect your trip investment in the event of date changes, illness, emergency, weather conditions, or any unforeseen circumstances.