If you do not have a Hanna Somatic Educator in your area, but would like to begin learning how to move pain-free, online Skype sessions are available for distance clients.
A one-hour online session* includes:
- Detailed assessment of your posture
- Assessment of your gait, if computer viewing allows
- Detailed health history
- Personalized movement lesson focusing on your particular muscular pain patterns.
- Self-care advice regarding sitting, standing, and daily functional movement
*Because these sessions are online and do not allow for the same hands-on of guidance one would receive in an in-person clinical session, a series of at least three sessions are advised in order to integrate the learning.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing for easy movement.
- Clear a space on the floor with enough room for you to lie down and spread your arms without touching anything. To ensure comfort, we recommend using a yoga mat.
- Make sure your space is quiet and without distractions. (Focused, uninterrupted concentration will help you get the most out of your session.)
- Become familiar with Hanna Somatics by reading material from the Learning Center, or by reading Martha's blog.
- Ask a friend or partner to assist you with positioning the computer so that Martha can best view your movement.
- Pay online before your scheduled appointment.