If you have “tried everything” to relieve your back, neck, shoulder, or hip pain for the long term and have only experienced short term relief (or none at all), then this course is for you! Eliminating muscle pain, stiffness, and the feeling of ‘getting old” starts with the brain. Trauma, stress, and postural compensations change the way the brain senses and moves us, and how we experience ourselves on a physical and emotional level. Clinical Somatics teaches you to restore fluid, effortless, and joyful movement – on your own, wherever you are and whenever you need it. Come and learn to be more present and comfortable in your body and in your life.
This course is a comprehensive introduction to the core principles of Clinical Somatics: the science, philosophy, techniques, and Somatic Movements. It is for anyone with an interest in learning about or seeking to deepen their understanding of Clinical Somatics for their own personal education and exploration. No prior experience or training is required to participate. This course is also appropriate for those in the movement or bodywork field: fitness trainers, physical therapists, massage therapists, or anyone seeking to learn how to incorporate Somatic principles into their primary practice - or their life!
COME AND LEARN:
- How Sensory Motor Amnesia contributes to most chronic muscle pain
- How three universal stress reflexes affect our daily lives, mentally, emotionally and physically
- The benefits of pandiculation vs. stretching
- How to apply the movements, principles, and concepts of Hanna Somatics to your life
- A basic routine of Somatic Movements that will result in renewed muscle control and freedom of movement
- And more…
If you are seeking a long-term solution to pain relief, want to regain your freedom of movement, or are simply looking for answers, then this course is for you. It's never too late to learn to live your life pain-free!
You will be led through Somatic Movements to explore your own movement areas of Sensory Motor Amnesia. You will learn a basic routine of Somatic Movements that can be practiced daily in order to restore muscle function and somatic awareness. We will explore the technique of pandiculation, a powerful technique that restores sensory and motor function. Participants will receive a free digital download of our Pain Relief Through Movement audio CD and all appropriate learning materials.
$350 USD early bird price
$450 USD if paid after Mar. 28, 2018
Please note: all course fees are listed in USD
This course is taught by Theresa Evans, CCSE.
"Theresa is an amazing teacher and I love watching her share and connect with the participants with such depth, skill and compassion."
- Shelly F, Melbourne, Australia
May 5 | Saturday | 9:00am – 5:00pm
May 6 | Sunday | 9:00am – 5:00pm
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early to get settled so that class may start on time. There will be a 60-minute lunch break each day.
WHAT TO BRING
- Water bottle
- Yoga mat. Blanket or small cushion for propping optional. There will be no equipment available at the venue.
- Pen/pencil, notepad if desired. You will also receive a manual.
- Wear comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement. No jeans, skirts, or dresses.
- There are restaurants, cafes, etc., nearby, but you may bring a packed lunch if you prefer.
Essential Somatics® reserves the right to cancel any event or change event dates if necessary. In the unlikely situation that this may occur, a full refund of all monies paid will be returned to the client. For this reason, we highly recommend purchasing travel cancellation insurance to protect your trip investment in the event of date changes, illness, emergency, weather conditions, or any unforeseen circumstances.