If you have “tried everything” to relieve your back, neck, shoulder, or hip pain for the long term and have only experienced short term relief (or none at all), then this course is for you! Eliminating muscle pain, stiffness, and the feeling of ‘getting old” starts with the brain. Trauma, stress, and postural compensations change the way the brain senses and moves us, and how we experience ourselves on a physical and emotional level.
Essential Somatics teaches you to restore fluid, effortless, and joyful movement – on your own, wherever you are and whenever you need it. Come and learn to be more present and comfortable in your body and in your life.
An all too common myth is that limited movement, disability, and pain is the inevitable result of aging. In reality, it is the way in which we unconsciously adapt to the stresses of our lives – the accidents, injuries, surgeries, and emotional and psychological stresses – that determines whether we become “creaky and old” or maintain our physical freedom, self-awareness, and independence. The choice is yours. To learn to maintain freedom of movement requires a new perspective on movement, ourselves, our habits, the brain, and how it controls us from the inside out.
Through lectures, movement sessions, and interactive participation learn:
- The root cause of most chronic muscle pain (Sensory Motor Amnesia) and how to reverse it
- How to retain voluntary muscle function and fluid movement with gentle, safe somatic movement
- How trauma, daily movement habits, and reflexive responses to stress disconnect us from our bodies and contribute to common pain conditions and limited movement. such as low back pain, neck, shoulder, hip and joint pain, anxiety, headaches, and limited movement
- How our thoughts, emotions, and physical stresses create either restriction and pain, or freedom and ease in the body
- How all humans respond reflexively to stress within three full body reflex patterns
- How to lengthen muscles and reset muscle function without stretching
- A basic routine of easy, safe, and profoundly effective Somatic Movements that, when practiced daily, restore muscle control and self-awareness, eliminate chronic muscle pain, and keep you moving freely in your chosen activity for the rest of your life.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: 10% off meals and accommodations before December 15, 2017
What People Are Saying About Move Without Pain - Essential Somatics
About Hollyhock Lifelong Learning Center
Hollyhock is Canada's internationally renowned leadership centre for learning and well-being, located on Cortes Island, off beautiful British Columbia's West Coast.
In your free time, you can relax on the beautiful beaches, enjoy morning yoga classes, go on outdoor adventures such as sailing or kayaking, soak in the ocean view hot tubs, treat yourself to bodywork, and enjoy delicious, gourmet organic food made with love.