Level 1 – ESMTT
Essential Somatics® Movement Teacher Training
People are Looking For You
Get Certified So You Can Transform Lives
Having experienced Somatic Movement for yourself, some of you might be wondering – what’s next? If you’re anything like us, you’re desperate to tell everyone you know about what you’ve learned and how it might be able to help them too. This will definitely help to spread the word about this fabulous practice, but what if you want to do more? What if you want to transform lives in your corner of the world?
We want to train you to become a teacher so you can reach more people and be confident that you have the skills to clearly teach others how to benefit from this practice.
What Does the Course Include?
Two in-person 4-day modules of training to learn how to teach groups
10 group sessions (2-3 hours each) including group practice
Regular mentoring sessions, including advice on clients
A virtual learning platform including videos, audios and student manuals
Practice classes to complete as well as written assignments
Teach a class in front of others for the practical assessment
Why Become an ES® Movement Teacher?
This training will equip you with the skills to teach others. It will also invite you to dive deeper into understanding yourself by inviting you to slow down and pay attention. Challenge yourself and discover a realm of new and unexplored possibilities.
After successfully completing this training, you will be recognized as an Essential Somatics Movement Teacher (ESMT) and you will be certified to teach Essential Somatics Movement to individuals or groups. You will be part of a growing international community.
This course is the prerequisite to the CSE Training.
In the CSE Training, you learn how to provide individual clinical sessions using specific hands-on techniques.
If you want to live life to the full… you have to recognise and eliminate all your non-productive habits. This can only be achieved through Essential Somatics. Since learning Essential Somatics, I have a new lease of life as everything is becoming easier and more enjoyable. Essential Somatics seriously improves your sense of well-being in ways I could only have dreamt.
Complete and submit the application form
Await confirmation and admission decision (reviewed on a rolling basis)
Once accepted, pay the deposit to secure your spot
- Concepts and principles of Somatic Education and ES Movement
- Basic somatic movement patterns that resolve SMA, reduce functional muscular pain, and improve overall control and brain to muscle connection of full body movement
- Basic neurophysiology and anatomy as it pertains to the three stress reflexes (as defined by Thomas Hanna)
- Assessment of the three stress reflexes as it pertains to the teaching of ES Movements
- Assessment of Sensory Motor Amnesia as it presents within the ten basic ES Movements
- Safe teaching practices
- Effective language cues to guide clients/students
- How to create a basic ES Somatic Movement class
- Advanced Somatic Movement sequences that target specific muscle pain conditions and functional disorders.
- Seated Somatic Movements
- How to create an effective advanced Somatic Movement class
- Sequencing Somatic Movements for optimum functionality
- How to adapt or modify movements to address various limitations or conditions
- Honing teaching skills through group practice teaching with peer and instructor feedback
Online & Home Study
In between in person modules there are scheduled discussions and mentoring sessions that take place online. Click to view the full schedule to see all dates.
All online discussions are mandatory.
There are 2 in person modules.
Each day runs from 9:00 am – 6pm with a 90-minute lunch break.
IN PERSON MODULES
Bhakti Barn Yoga
391 Millburn Ave, Millburn, NJ 07041
January 11 - 14, 2024
June 20 - 23, 2024
IN PERSON MODULES
Europe – Santillan, Spain
Santillan Yoga and Wellness Retreat
33558 Santillán, Asturias, Spain
Accommodation Costs: €124 per night
February 12 - 16, 2024
May 12 - 18, 2024
The Teaching Team
Each ESMTT has a main teacher and 2-3 mentors depending on group size. Teachers are chosen based on location.
Lead Teacher – UK
Lead Teacher – USA
- Successful completion of an Essential Somatics® Fundamentals Course or Retreat
- Somatics: Reawakening the Mind's Control of Movement, Flexibility and Health by Thomas Hanna
- Move Without Pain by Martha Peterson
- The Body of Life by Thomas Hanna
Is this course for me?
- Passionate about teaching somatic movement to groups or individuals?
- Ready to deepen your somatic journey?
- Looking for a career change or a way to diversify your income?
Becoming a Essential Somatics® Movement Teacher Will Transform Lives
It’s NEW and Officially Open for Applications!
Full tuition costs $3,800 USD and the program takes 6 months to complete.
Payment Due Dates
Payment is via a payment plan with 4 installments.
- Nov 1, Dec 1, Jan 1, Feb 1: $950
A fee may be charged for any late payments. Your tuition payments must be up to date in order to take part in this training.