In my last blog post, Back Pain: It’s Time To Ask Why, I discussed yet another new approach to relieving back pain: mindfulness-based stress reduction which addresses the symptoms of back pain, but, like most other approaches, does not address the cause.
When it comes to back pain, many people find themselves without answers or a long-term solution to help them live life pain-free.
Have you ever found yourself asking: Why does my pain keep coming back? Why do I feel as though I'm falling apart? What am I doing wrong? Why can't my doctor get rid of my pain? What should I do now? Is something wrong with me? Is this what aging feels like? If so, Hanna Somatics can help you answer these questions.
The answer to most muscle pain lies in learning about Sensory Motor Amnesia (SMA) and how it develops in the brain and manifests in the body, and learning about pandiculation, the safe and effective alternative to stretching that resets nervous system control of muscles and movement memory. The truth is that most muscle pain is the result of our habituated responses to the myriad stresses of our lives.
How can I learn more so that I can live pain-free?
The Move Without Pain Fundamentals Immersion Course focuses on the core principles of Hanna Somatics: the science, philosophy, techniques, and Somatic Exercises. It is an excellent introduction to this highly effective, yet simple method of neuromuscular movement education and pain relief. In addition, there will be group discussion and plenty of time for questions (and answers!) about Hanna Somatics and how to address your particular muscle pain condition.
The Fundamentals Immersion Course is for anyone and everyone interested in Hanna Somatics - no prior experience or training necessary!
Hanna Somatics is not just for those with chronic muscle pain.
Most people who seek me out have been suffering from years of muscle pain without finding a long-term solution. Some people come to me with no recurring muscle pain - they feel pretty good, but want to learn to keep it that way. Hanna Somatics gets to the root of most muscle pain and the gradual stiffness that many people experience as they get older.
Through gentle pandiculations and Somatic Movements, my clients:
- Achieve awareness of their bodies and their reactions to stress
- Experience reduced muscle tension and pain
- Learn how to relieve muscle pain whenever and wherever they want
- Rediscover their ability to move efficiently and skillfully with the least possible effort
- Learn that they can continue to improve their mobility, strength and stamina as they get older
These five benefits are something that can improve the quality of life for everyone - not just people in pain. You will learn to restore precision, efficiency, and skill in your movements, through improved proprioception and internal awareness, so you can create a base of control, strength, coordination, and balance. Reducing muscle pain is simply an added benefit.
Who can benefit from Hanna Somatics?
- Athletes and dancers (young and old, professional and non-competitive)
- Anyone experiencing chronic, or recurring muscle pain or injury
- Those who want to exercise or increase their level of physical activity
- Parents and daycare workers who carry and lift children daily
- Anyone who sits and works for long hours at a desk or in a car
- Anyone seeking to restore their motion and muscle control after a surgery
- Movement teachers, athletic coaches, fitness trainers, doctors, physical therapists
- Anyone wanting to improve their body awareness
- Anyone who wants to be able to move freely for the rest of their lives
Come and experience a renewed awareness within your body and learn to transform the way you move for the rest of your life.
Check out our upcoming Fundamentals Immersion Courses:
- Cumbria, UK | May 21-22, 2016
- Milton Keynes, UK | May 28-29, 2016
- York, UK | June 4–5, 2016
- Green Bay, WI | June 11-12, 2016
- Houston, TX | September 24-25, 2016
- Kennesaw, GA | October 22-23, 2016
- Bowden, AB | November 5-6, 2016