Essential Somatics®️ Retreats
Free Your Movement
Awaken your senses to a new possibility for yourself, and your life while surrounded by beautiful locations and inspiring people.
Move with Mastery and Joy
Discover critical, missing link information about how stress impacts us and how pain and discomfort develops. Join us for discussions, movement sessions, and interactive participation, where you will learn simple yet powerful Somatic Movements that will leave you feeling lighter and brighter, with a renewed sense of awareness of yourself.
What people are saying
Martha is a master at using analogies and descriptive language, and breaks down concepts beautifully so they can be understood by all.
The location was stunning and the hands-on aspect with Martha and Gena was invaluable. We are already making plans to return next year.
Martha is an excellent teacher and I loved that we had so much time on the mat, experiencing the practice for ourselves.
Our Retreats Include
- ^Discover an approach to pain-relief that is more effective that other methods
- ^Learn how and why muscles become tight and painful
- ^Identify your movement habits and personal responses to stress
- ^Understand the cause of low back pain, neck, shoulder, hip and joint pain, sciatica, and chronic headaches
- ^Experience how to relax your muscles without stretching
- ^Improve your self-awareness
- ^Connect with others through interactive group sharing
- ^Experience and identify the stress reflexes: Green Light, Red Light, Trauma
- ^Learn movements to release the front, back and sides of the body
- ^Discover ways to improve rotation, reconnect to your legs, and breathe more easily
- ^Understand how you are moving and ways to improve efficiency
- ^Experience seated movement for At-Work Strategies
- ^Learn walking movements to restore a free and easy gait
- ^Create your personal daily practice
- ^Integrate your new learning, movement, and growth through walks, hikes, and quiet activities during downtime
COURSE MATERIALS INCLUDE:
Essential Somatics Retreat Workbook is an easy-to-follow guide that contains helpful tips and photos for creating and maintaining your personal home movement practice.
With space for taking notes, articles about the history of somatics, and much more–this workbook helps you stay on point, focused, and inspired.
Every registered participant will have access to:
“It All Starts with The Breath”
- Breathing more freely and easily helps enormously with reducing anxiety and improving your mental focus
- Learn how with this practical step-by-step guide.
“You’ve Got to have a WHY”
- Learning to move well starts with finding your deeper motivation for living.
- This inspiring read will help you explore how to tap into what's most important while finding motivation that comes from within.
An Audio Practice digital download (60 minutes)
- An audio guide of the basic Somatic Movements that you’ll learn in this Fundamentals Course
- Continue your practice at home to improve your balance, coordination and relieve tension.
August 15-18, 2024
- Franciscan Retreat Center, Colorado Springs
- Teacher: Martha Peterson
- fLevel: Intermediate
- Coming Soon
September 11-18, 2024
- Hollyhock Lifelong Learning Center, Cortes Island, BC
- Teacher: Martha Peterson
- fLevel: All
- $900 CAD + Lodging
January 18-26, 2025
- Mar de Jade Retreat Center, Nayarit
- Teachers: Martha Peterson & Gena Rho
- fLevel: All
- $850 USD + Lodging
I don't have a lot of movement experience. Is that okay?
Absolutely. These retreats are open to all ages and backgrounds. Anyone who wants to learn how to feel better and move their body pain-free is welcome.
I have scoliosis. Is this course appropriate for me?
Yes. You will be guided to go slowly and gently. You may find that smaller movements are best for beginning to address the muscle tension inherent in scoliosis. We will show you what to do so it works well for you and your needs.
Do I have to get down on the floor?
Yes. While we will do a seated routine, most of the movements will be done on the floor.
Am I responsible for my transportation, accommodations, and meals?
Yes. To complete your registration you will need to book your accommodation (meals included) with the retreat center directly. You will need to make your travel arrangements, including transportation to/from the meeting (the center may be able to help with this).
Do you offer scholarships?
Sorry, no. We’ve made the price point for this positive life-altering experience as affordable as possible in the hopes of accommodating everyone.
Do you plan to add more dates and locations?
Absolutely. As they become available, we will update everyone who is on our email list and connected with us through social media.
What type of payment do you accept?
We accept credit cards and Apple Pay using PayPal and Stripe.
Are these movements guaranteed to work for me?
Like anything in life, you have to put in the time and effort to experience results consistently. While the methods and movements you will learn are not a magic pill, most people walk away feeling better than they have in years.
More questions? Visit the FAQs page