Please be advised: this is not an introductory course for those wanting to learn Hanna Somatic Exercise. For a comprehensive introduction to Hanna Somatic Exercises, please check out our Fundamentals Immersion Courses.
This comprehensive 3-day course is for movement, medical, and fitness professionals who have a background in Hanna Somatic Movement and want to use their knowledge and experience to help others. Incorporating Hanna Somatic Exercises and the principles of Hanna Somatic Movement into your primary practice will allow you to teach your clients safe, gentle methods for chronic muscle pain relief, injury prevention, and self-care.
This course is a prerequisite for our Essential Somatics® Clinical Somatic Education Professional Training.
1. This course is open to movement teachers, fitness trainers, professional bodyworkers, therapists, and medical professionals, and those intending to share Hanna Somatic Exercises in a professional setting.
2. Students are expected to have a daily experiential practice of Hanna Somatic Exercise and be knowledgeable about Hanna Somatic Education. To learn about Hanna Somatic Exercises, we require one or more of the following:
- Participate in a Myth of Aging or Move Without Pain Fundamentals Immersion Course**
- Participate in a class series, clinical sessions, or one-to-one movement sessions with a skilled Somatic Educator
3. Required reading:
- Move Without Pain by Martha Peterson
**As of January 1, 2017 participation in a Fundamentals Immersion Course will be a requirement for attendance at the HSEC Level 1. Alternately, proof of attendance at a 6-week Myth of Aging series or similar series taught by an approved Essential Somatics somatic movement teacher will be sufficient to fulfill this requirement.
$800 USD (full tuition)
$725 USD (early bird tuition if paid before Jan. 15, 2017)
Please note: all course fees are listed in USD
For those who have already attended the HSEC Level One, you may review the course again for 50% off the full price. Please contact email@example.com for payment details.
This training is taught by Martha Peterson, CHSE.
Essential Somatics® reserves the right to cancel any event or change event dates if necessary. In the unlikely situation that this may occur, a full refund of all monies paid will be returned to the client. For this reason, we highly recommend purchasing travel cancellation insurance to protect your trip investment in the event of date changes, illness, emergency, weather conditions, or any unforeseen circumstances.